- Cosplay Galleries
- Tumblr Diary
Links for people that like to read!
- Covering a pair of pumps in new fabric! From …love Maegan
- Making stretch boot covers for a pair of pumps. From CosplayIsland
- Covering shoes by Whipstitch Sewing
- Non-stretch boot covers from God Save the Queen Fashions
How to videos for watching!
Things I did when I wasn’t on the internet
- I attended PMX in Los Angeles. It was a lot on fun, but back in MN I had some over inflated expectations of it being a lolita fashion and J-pop wonderland. It felt like a mid sized anime convention that had a little more fashion and music
- LosCon with my old school geek gals! This was a laid back little con. I spent my time helping my friends host a My Little Pony themed party and updating my Ringleader cosplay to try to stop the internet from calling me Madd Moxxi.
- I’m currently fighting my way through Tomb Raider Anniversary. I dislike platformer games so this is a labor of pride.
- Black Milk, of Star Wars swimsuit fame, had an amazing cyber monday sale. I watched things sell out quickly, but am hoping I might receive a few gifts in the mail.
On my social radar
- Red 5 is doing expanding it’s project cosplay sponsorship. This time it sounds more like a Project Runway set up rather than just a casting. Should I sign up? Not sure I’m advanced enough in prop making and armor for them
- Twitter is having a Fiction Festival
- Albino Wonderland has some thoughts on the ever present “fake geek girl” blow up.
- The Abandoned Porn Tumblr is my new favorite thing. Don’t worry it’s safe for work! The blog is images of abandoned buildings.
For the second year of LA’s Comikaze Expo I was invited by Butterfly Frillies Corsets to come man their booth and add some cosplay flair! They surprised me with a custom Harely Quinn corset to wear which I styled it with some leggings and vintage pumps for a Rockabilly look.
I had a great time hanging with my new friends and casually meeting people. I will probably return next year, but I wouldn’t suggest the trip to someone out of state
- Lots of cosplay kids! They were sweet, polite, and melted my heart
- Gathering of Harley Quinns. Wearing my Harley corset seemed to bring them all into the booth.
- Not too crowded. After SDCC it’s nice to attend conventions that aren’t packed wall to wall like sardines.
- The convention hall staff seemed unprepared to handle the morning crowds and made people spend hours waiting in line outside in dangerous heat. They made me wait with those picking up their passes as an exhibitor who had a pass in hand with my boss on the other side of the doors.
- The convention felt slow to start, which very likely was due to the huge line situation. The first half of the first day was mainly people wandering, not a lot of shopping/cosplay photos/the usual con stuff.
- Any inquiries for a map to the panel rooms were met with puzzled looks, the only “map” I was provided with was off the exhibit floor. I eventually found the panel rooms by leaving the building and coming in to see signs facing out that were previously blocked by lines.
The explanation as taken from the Dapper Day website:
The original Disneyland designers frequently populated their renderings with guests who appeared dressed for a day of sophisticated entertainment, men in sharp suits, toddlers working two-pieces, and ladies looking like a page from Dior’s sketchbook – all as if a visit to Disneyland were on par with a night at the opera. And why shouldn’t it be? That’s what Dapper Day is about, realizing those designer’s dreams that Disneyland be experienced as the upscale escape that it is, filled with fashionable guests ready for fun.
Interpret this however you like. A period “Mad Men” look is as correct as the latest haute couture.
On Dapper Day, you bring those illustrations to life when you become those well dressed guests the designers imagined (or hoped) would be filling the park.
Adjective: neat and trim in appearance; very spruce and stylish
Twice a year Dapper Day organizes fashionable outings to The Disney Resorts in LA, Orlando, and Paris: a spring, all-day event, and a fall “evening affair.”
Inspired by the original Disney Park designer’s illustrations, which often featured extremely well dressed guests enjoying the park, Dapper Day events celebrate the tradition of stepping out in style.
Any elegant fashions from vintage-inspired to contemporary chic are encouraged. Active and retired military, consider wearing your dress uniforms if you like.
[NOTE: This is not a costume event. If you appear in a costume or attire that could be confused for a Disney cast member, the Disney Parks may deny entry, or ask you change part of your wardrobe.]
No special tickets are required, these are not private events, although for many gatherings we’ve arranged for discounted group-rate park tickets available only through DapperDay.com.
Each event usually has a simple schedule of one or two in-park gatherings (such as “The Mark Twain Mixer” aboard the riverboat), and a location for cocktails after the park closes. Our event hours and schedules are merely suggestions and we encourage you and your party to enjoy the park at your leisure.
I found it rather difficult to take photos in the evening light, but below are the ones I got! For more fabulous/pro photos of the event check out the official gallery here I had a great time meeting other fancy-frocked-folk and being greeted with “Happy Dapper Day!”, the dapper meet up at the carousel being my favorite part!
Being a huge fan of The Bloggess my mother was very excited to hear she was coming to our area for a signing.
It was standing room only in a sea of fans bearing metal chickens (a Bloggess reference for those not in the know) as we listened to her give a reading and graciously meet people to autograph their books. We got to take a picture with Copernicus the monkey and presented her with a Tardis hat from our friend Nerdy Needles Knitting.
Hi there! I’m E.Sophia
Ubiquitous Geek Girl / Frequent Cosplayer / Friendly Person
You probably have seen me working at conventions, and now Dork Storm Press :D
Read more about me…
if u think ive forgotten bout my 1 tru waifu ur wrong
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
Hello my lovely Tumblr Family! I’ve reached 1000 followers by my birthday! As such, I’ll be doing another giveaway!
What you’ll win:
~The Thermoplastic Combo in Large from CosplaySupplies.com
1 sheet of Wonderflex 43” x 27” and
1 sheet of Worbla 29” x 39”
~If you’re following me, I’ll buy you a 4.4oz bottle of Friendly Plastic to go with it, too.
Please read all of the rules before entering.
***There will be only 1 winner!***
- You must REBLOG this post. LIKES don’t count!
- You don’t need to be following me (but you’ll win more stuff if you are!)
- No Giveaway blogs allowed…because that’s just tacky ;) Side/cosplay-only blogs are okay.
- Reblog as much as you want, but let’s keep from spamming our friends, hm?
- Ask box MUST be open, and you have to be willing to give your address. I’m not a creeper, I promise ;)
- Contest ends on May 22nd. I’ll announce the winner on May 22nd at 6:30pm EST.
- If your ask box isn’t open, I’ll pick another winner. Winner will be chosen with a random number generator.
One stipulation: this post has to reach 1000 notes! Happy blogging, and good luck!!!
Cute girl Batman and Robin photoshoot! From Sofia Couture Designs on Etsy!
You may recognize these from the meme “Mom wanted them to be princesses but the girls wanted to be batman. This is the result.” I wish the meme had included the shop so everyone could buy these for their super-princesses!
Bosozoku Sailor Scouts!
SCREECHING INCOHERENT NOISES
holy shit girl you never fail to impress me! jesus frick
WonderCon was the perfect place to play with my app that turns photos into comics :)
So yeah I m going to Rule 63 Lara Croft for Gemucon next week. Still waiting for the more classic croft glasses to come in the post. But heres a lil teaser test shot of how things are going. Everyones gone reborn.. i m kicking it more old school.
Hussein Chalayan A/W 13
I have a boner
HOW DOES IT WORK, PRECIOUS!?
“Are you my mummy?”