- Cosplay Galleries
- Tumblr Diary
Cosplay / Costumes
Links for people that like to read!
- Covering a pair of pumps in new fabric! From …love Maegan
- Making stretch boot covers for a pair of pumps. From CosplayIsland
- Covering shoes by Whipstitch Sewing
- Non-stretch boot covers from God Save the Queen Fashions
How to videos for watching!
For the second year of LA’s Comikaze Expo I was invited by Butterfly Frillies Corsets to come man their booth and add some cosplay flair! They surprised me with a custom Harely Quinn corset to wear which I styled it with some leggings and vintage pumps for a Rockabilly look.
I had a great time hanging with my new friends and casually meeting people. I will probably return next year, but I wouldn’t suggest the trip to someone out of state
- Lots of cosplay kids! They were sweet, polite, and melted my heart
- Gathering of Harley Quinns. Wearing my Harley corset seemed to bring them all into the booth.
- Not too crowded. After SDCC it’s nice to attend conventions that aren’t packed wall to wall like sardines.
- The convention hall staff seemed unprepared to handle the morning crowds and made people spend hours waiting in line outside in dangerous heat. They made me wait with those picking up their passes as an exhibitor who had a pass in hand with my boss on the other side of the doors.
- The convention felt slow to start, which very likely was due to the huge line situation. The first half of the first day was mainly people wandering, not a lot of shopping/cosplay photos/the usual con stuff.
- Any inquiries for a map to the panel rooms were met with puzzled looks, the only “map” I was provided with was off the exhibit floor. I eventually found the panel rooms by leaving the building and coming in to see signs facing out that were previously blocked by lines.
To follow up on my list of makeup brands I love I’ve put together a small list of learning resources. There are many more that I love but I can’t list them all! Below are my favorites that are great for both seasoned pros and beginners.
- MUA that does amazing dramatic looks! Look to him for inspiration for bold eyes and contouring.
- Michelle Phan
- Videos friendly to the makeup newb. She walks you through looks ranging from simply to dramatic, and even some cosplay character specific ones.
- Best known for their large database of user submitted reviews. Great for checking out opinions before putting out money on product.
- Makeup social network. Great for seeing other looks for inspiration.
- All around makeup blog featuring looks and reviews. One of their greatest features though is their search engine that will help you find products that are similar. Found a lipstick that’s too pricey? Their search will provide duplicate options for you.
- Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me
- This book can be daunting, but it is a directory of all the makuep out there. Gives a good description of products and their quality, performance, traits. Has helped me a number of time to decide whether to purchase something. Take some things with a grain of salt, such as the author’s bias against shimmery makeup.
- Making Faces
- Book by legendary makeup artist Kevin Aucoin.
SpringCon is one of the MCBA’s twice annual expos held on the MN State Fair grounds. While there is an art auction and a small space for panel discussions, the real draw of this show is the numerous talents it attracts and the casual atmosphere.
- Grant Gould / Star Wars Webcomics & Star Wars Clone Wars / GrantGould.com
- Jay Hansen / Zombie Girls / patient-247.deviantart.com
- Jessica Hickman / Womanthology, Lucasfilm, Topps, IDW / www.jessicahickman.com
- Christopher Jones / Young Justice Artist / www.ChristopherJonesArt.com
- Chad Spilker / Pinup Artist / www.spilkerart.com
- Len Strazewski / Writer & Creator of Prime / en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Strazewski
- Bill Willingham / Writer of Fables & Comic Artist / www.billwillingham.com
- Full list can be seen here
I spent my time hanging out with cosplay friends, wandering around and getting pics with fans and kids. My favorite is this tiny Spidergirl I found, she’s like a Spiderman ballerina!
I took many dorky photos during the 2 days. I get strange looks from passing by people, but it’s just how I roll. Here’s my annual kissy-face photo with Tom Servo.
When checking out the art I met an artist that paints pet portraits as comic characters and this adorable Poison Ivy artist.
Chad Spilker was busy at his booth every time I stopped by, always hunched over perfecting a commission.
Spent a bit of time bickering with Bill on twitter because I had a hard time finding his table XD I kept being directed the wrong way, getting stopped by people, and when I found it he was on a break. We met up eventually Before we did I couldn’t help impersonating him at his table. Everyone was fooled!
Now I can’t wait for FallCon!
Hi there! I’m E.Sophia
Ubiquitous Geek Girl / Frequent Cosplayer / Friendly Person
You probably have seen me working at conventions, and now Dork Storm Press :D
Read more about me…
Steampunk clothing by Scoundrelle’s Keep
Photos by Straythings Photography
Thanks to model Rin for joining me.
Collection from my various zombie outings :3
next century magical girl
Monster High: Death Waltz
I finally found some time to finish these up, when i first started I had a whole paragraph in mind to put here, but really all it is is I wanted to design my own line of Monster High dolls so I did :)
My life in Instagram
if u think ive forgotten bout my 1 tru waifu ur wrong
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
Hello my lovely Tumblr Family! I’ve reached 1000 followers by my birthday! As such, I’ll be doing another giveaway!
What you’ll win:
~The Thermoplastic Combo in Large from CosplaySupplies.com
1 sheet of Wonderflex 43” x 27” and
1 sheet of Worbla 29” x 39”
~If you’re following me, I’ll buy you a 4.4oz bottle of Friendly Plastic to go with it, too.
Please read all of the rules before entering.
***There will be only 1 winner!***
- You must REBLOG this post. LIKES don’t count!
- You don’t need to be following me (but you’ll win more stuff if you are!)
- No Giveaway blogs allowed…because that’s just tacky ;) Side/cosplay-only blogs are okay.
- Reblog as much as you want, but let’s keep from spamming our friends, hm?
- Ask box MUST be open, and you have to be willing to give your address. I’m not a creeper, I promise ;)
- Contest ends on May 22nd. I’ll announce the winner on May 22nd at 6:30pm EST.
- If your ask box isn’t open, I’ll pick another winner. Winner will be chosen with a random number generator.
One stipulation: this post has to reach 1000 notes! Happy blogging, and good luck!!!
Cute girl Batman and Robin photoshoot! From Sofia Couture Designs on Etsy!
You may recognize these from the meme “Mom wanted them to be princesses but the girls wanted to be batman. This is the result.” I wish the meme had included the shop so everyone could buy these for their super-princesses!
Bosozoku Sailor Scouts!
SCREECHING INCOHERENT NOISES
holy shit girl you never fail to impress me! jesus frick
WonderCon was the perfect place to play with my app that turns photos into comics :)