- Cosplay Galleries
- Tumblr Diary
Events and Adventures
One theme that was continued through my SDCC weekend was “Friendship is magical”. Not just because My Little Pony was involved, but because great things happened due to friendship. None of the following would have happened if my roomies or I hadn’t taken the time to talk to and make friends with fellow fans.
My most coveted exclusive item at SDCC is Mattel’s limited edition Polly Pocket. I’ve been collecting Polly Pockets for over 2 decades and when I discovered they were making fandom one’s for SDCC 2 years back they became my most wanted item. Unfortunately for me everyone else felt the same for 2012. This year’s edition had Polly and her friends as three of the most popular villainesses in comic book fandom; Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and Harley Quinn. Luckily my convention roommated were on my side and agreed to help me obtain the figures.
After being disappointed by preview night (Mattel was not selling to anyone with professional badges) my friends and I tried several other times to get into the Mattel line with no luck. The booth either closed the line when we got there or they sold out for the day. One morning selling out as early as 9:30 am.By the end of the weekend I had given up hope. Unbeknownst to me, one of my friends had a stroke of luck while I was in a panel. While in a hallway he made casual conversation with a couple carrying a Mattel bag, telling them how much I had wanted a Polly Pocket and out of curiosity asked how they managed to get into the booth when all out attempts had failed. While telling him their secret (Mattel had an online “presale” reservation) they brought up that they had bought 2 Pollys and offered to sell one the extra they had to him. Success!
When we later met up I exuded thrill as much as I could muster. What?! How!? When?! He told me his story while I disbelieved his luck. I wish I could have been there to know exactlyhow my friend managed to win the hearts of these strangers, but I am happy to know there are people out there not price gouging on ebay and willing to pass their luck unto others.
I am very pleased to say that my Polly Pocket collection has some new friends.
- Go Willy Wonka, eat the best chocolate you can get your hands on.
- Have a laugh over a fictional crush.
- Take self portraits for fun.
- Call a friend & ask them if they want to marathon Doctor Who.
- Throw yourself into a creative project. Draw a comic, write a story, build a cosplay.
- Order a pizza all to yourself.
- Look through old convention photos, with a friend if possible, and relive the awesome shenanigans that happened!
- Write out everything.
- Decide what team of friends would be best in a zombie apocolypse.
- Grab a friend and have a cosplay photoshoot.
- Put Star Wars stickers on your electronics.
- Go to a yoga class.
- Put on a pair impractival shoes & walk around the house.
- Watch your secret playlist of funny cat videos.
- Get Japanese snacks and binge on Pocky!
- Go to the zoo to watch otters.
- Watch some favorite childhood movies; Time Bandits, Labyrinth, Legend etc.
- Write anything.
- Go vintage shopping.
- Read comics until you fall asleep.
- Talk to your dog. Mine loves to be asked if she is dog
- Listen to George Takei.
- Play Rock Band. Loudly. Off-key.
- Drink lots of Mountian Dew (I like Code Red) and feel a sugar high
- Choose an big dream event to go to (SDCC? DragonCon? Maker’s Faire?) and make plans of how to make it possible.
- Give yourself a comics themed manicure.
- Frame some art and put it somewhere to see everyday. I have several Amano posters and a Adam Hughes prints in need of hanging…
- Visit the toy aisle, Legos and actions figures!
- Tweet at someone you admire, maybe they’ll @ reply.
- Bacon. Bacon makes Everything better.
- Try to make Millenium Falcon pancakes.
- Watch the Buffy musical.
- Read classic scifi outdoors. Asimov in the sunshine!
- Search youtube for ukulele covers of favorite songs.
- Wear a fake mustache.
I’ve been window shopping on the internet again. This time I collected ensembles for Loki, Death, Rarity, and Applejack
I also started using Pinterest to collect my cosplay wishlist. Hopefully after the summer I can get to work on some of them!
- “Of course! Today I’m rocking Jimmy Choos and a bowtie. Fiercely geeky. “
- “Well of course! As my evidence, check out , she’s a very fashionable and very awesome geek girl! ”
- “How can they not be?”
- “Absolutely. There’s a lot of depth of knowledge to be had about fashion.”
- “I loooooove fashion. And gaming. I plan all my game night outfits wisely. So, yes.
- you could be a fashion geek, so yes, absolutely.”
- “Of course! Our fashions just include genres in addition to the mainstream ones.”
- “Who do ya think does the best Cosplay? ;D”
- “I had to look up the definition so I don’t get it wrong. I think being a fashionista is just another type of geekery. A geek/nerd in my mind being someone who has an passion or in depth knowledge of a field or topic. So absolutely you can. We rely on you guys to design awesome sci-fi/fantasy/gamer clothes”
Mother: Do you think they make Doctor Who weeping angel statues for your garden?
Me: No. Even if they do, the answer is no.
Mother: But we could put it in the back yard and freak out the neighbors.
Mother: We could move it slightly every night…closer and closer…
Mother: I’m going to look for one. <pulls out iPad>
Me: If you find one I will call the company and cancel your order.
Mother: Too bad your bedroom isn’t on a ground floor so I could put it by your window…
Me: Worst. Mother. Ever.
Mother: I love you.
Me: This conversation has proves otherwise.
Hi there! I’m E.Sophia
Ubiquitous Geek Girl / Frequent Cosplayer / Friendly Person
You probably have seen me working at conventions, and now Dork Storm Press :D
Read more about me…
if u think ive forgotten bout my 1 tru waifu ur wrong
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
Hello my lovely Tumblr Family! I’ve reached 1000 followers by my birthday! As such, I’ll be doing another giveaway!
What you’ll win:
~The Thermoplastic Combo in Large from CosplaySupplies.com
1 sheet of Wonderflex 43” x 27” and
1 sheet of Worbla 29” x 39”
~If you’re following me, I’ll buy you a 4.4oz bottle of Friendly Plastic to go with it, too.
Please read all of the rules before entering.
***There will be only 1 winner!***
- You must REBLOG this post. LIKES don’t count!
- You don’t need to be following me (but you’ll win more stuff if you are!)
- No Giveaway blogs allowed…because that’s just tacky ;) Side/cosplay-only blogs are okay.
- Reblog as much as you want, but let’s keep from spamming our friends, hm?
- Ask box MUST be open, and you have to be willing to give your address. I’m not a creeper, I promise ;)
- Contest ends on May 22nd. I’ll announce the winner on May 22nd at 6:30pm EST.
- If your ask box isn’t open, I’ll pick another winner. Winner will be chosen with a random number generator.
One stipulation: this post has to reach 1000 notes! Happy blogging, and good luck!!!
Cute girl Batman and Robin photoshoot! From Sofia Couture Designs on Etsy!
You may recognize these from the meme “Mom wanted them to be princesses but the girls wanted to be batman. This is the result.” I wish the meme had included the shop so everyone could buy these for their super-princesses!
Bosozoku Sailor Scouts!
SCREECHING INCOHERENT NOISES
holy shit girl you never fail to impress me! jesus frick
WonderCon was the perfect place to play with my app that turns photos into comics :)
So yeah I m going to Rule 63 Lara Croft for Gemucon next week. Still waiting for the more classic croft glasses to come in the post. But heres a lil teaser test shot of how things are going. Everyones gone reborn.. i m kicking it more old school.
Hussein Chalayan A/W 13
I have a boner
HOW DOES IT WORK, PRECIOUS!?
“Are you my mummy?”