- Cosplay Galleries
- Tumblr Diary
Musings and Non-sequitors
In the last week I had a dinosaur photoshoot and Dork Storm had a week full of gaming including some stuff with Steve Jackson. My role at Dork Storm is evolving, I’m going to be taking on more of a “Community Manager”/”Media Organizer” role, so this week I put in extra time into being up to date on social media tools. While people may use things like Facebook and Twitter everyday there are many options that are either unknown or under used. I have to make sure I keep up!
I also launched a new project with Anime Twin Cities/ Anime Detour! I’m helping to organize a photoshoot event for costume fans and some of my favorite photographers. This is going to be a great chance for strengthening the local fandom community that usually only gets together a few times a year Event Link
Thing I’m reading
- Geek Girls Network interview of Her Universe, creators of apparel for girls in fandom. A great example of a company reaching out and succed in a niche through passion.
- Monica writes about organizing “Speak Out With Your Geek Out” . Great observations for anyone planning an online event
The little things
Dinosaur photoshoot! / Scifi living room / Spooky abandoned hospitals / iPads in a fashion show / Duck hunt fine art / Retro Cosplay photos /Star Wars Graffiti / Evangelion inspired fashion/ Superhero dinosaurs
- The Mad Men casting call contest has come and gone. I loved the idea of not only encouraging participation among fans, but also encouraging the show’s aesthetic.
- Monica’s starts her Geek Speak Out with great success! This is great example of how people want positivity and happiness can go viral.
- Style Bubble shows off knit packaged Harvey Nichols goods. Combining luxury items with art from a yarn bomber!
Lightsaber Kittens / Women Fighters in Reasonable Armor / Moon optical illusions / Martha and The Doctor / Disney Sith Princesses / Green tea smoothies/ Dork Storm hijinks! / Starting A Clash of Kings / Writing more
CAUTION: VIDEO CONTAINS EXTREME PERKY-POP NERDINESS
I haven’t gotten a Pottermore invite yet so I’ve been lurking around the internet for other things to get my Potter fix!
This week I had a Twitter giveaway for Dork Storm fans. I gave away button packs featuring My Little Cthulhu, the popular chibi dino, and a quote from Dr. Blink Super Hero Shrink. I had a lot of great response, it went smoothly, and I’m excited to get more goodies to give away
Coming up is GeekKon where John is a guest, so I’ll be there to help out and meet people.
Thing I’m reading from round the fandom community
- Jill aka The Nerdy Bird asks “Could comics collapse?”. She discusses product reboots and touches on digital distribution.
- Nubby Twiglet answers “How do I determine my client wants?”. I love reading about how artists work with clients and how they view interactions, everyone has such different working styles you can learn from.
- Monica reacts with a positive force to the “Magic World Champion” online dating story that went viral. I hope you’ll join her plans!
The little things
Corgis! / Cheesecake / Cinderella’s Facebook update / Tiki themed brunch / Wearing impractical shoes / The six hour Star Wars birthday! / Finishing Game of Thrones / Fall convention plans / Storm trooper Fluttershy! / Photoshoot at a ruins park
I recently went on a road trip to Madison to meet with John Kovalic and Monica Valentinelli for fun and Dork Storm Press scheming. There’s a lot of great stuff in the works and I’m really excited for John’s fans.
I ate my way around the city (a foodie haven), got a dapper hat, went to a surprise MC Frontalot show, and rode my favorite vintage carousel!
Reading from round the fandom community
- Friend and author Brian Keene is “downsizing” his online community, he is focusing it in a way to better suit his lifestyle.
- Monica has a post-mortem on her recent 100 day social media black out. A great read and a suggestion everyone should try show
- My cohorts at All Things Fangirl discuss HBO’s Superheroes show and NYC’s Sleep No More’s concept of interactive storytelling
The little things
Project Cool / New wordpress plugins / Geek Crafts R2D2 lamp tutorial / “Even a blind squirrel finds nuts!” / Coconut M&Ms / A $1.7 million Steampunk apartment in NYC / Cosplay projects / Fanart / Fresh tabouli / The prefect Pandora mix station / Google Music Beta / Spotify Invite / Strawberry drinks with cotton candy on top!
Hi there! I’m E.Sophia
Ubiquitous Geek Girl / Frequent Cosplayer / Friendly Person
You probably have seen me working at conventions, and now Dork Storm Press :D
Read more about me…
Steampunk clothing by Scoundrelle’s Keep
Photos by Straythings Photography
Thanks to model Rin for joining me.
Collection from my various zombie outings :3
next century magical girl
Monster High: Death Waltz
I finally found some time to finish these up, when i first started I had a whole paragraph in mind to put here, but really all it is is I wanted to design my own line of Monster High dolls so I did :)
My life in Instagram
if u think ive forgotten bout my 1 tru waifu ur wrong
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
Hello my lovely Tumblr Family! I’ve reached 1000 followers by my birthday! As such, I’ll be doing another giveaway!
What you’ll win:
~The Thermoplastic Combo in Large from CosplaySupplies.com
1 sheet of Wonderflex 43” x 27” and
1 sheet of Worbla 29” x 39”
~If you’re following me, I’ll buy you a 4.4oz bottle of Friendly Plastic to go with it, too.
Please read all of the rules before entering.
***There will be only 1 winner!***
- You must REBLOG this post. LIKES don’t count!
- You don’t need to be following me (but you’ll win more stuff if you are!)
- No Giveaway blogs allowed…because that’s just tacky ;) Side/cosplay-only blogs are okay.
- Reblog as much as you want, but let’s keep from spamming our friends, hm?
- Ask box MUST be open, and you have to be willing to give your address. I’m not a creeper, I promise ;)
- Contest ends on May 22nd. I’ll announce the winner on May 22nd at 6:30pm EST.
- If your ask box isn’t open, I’ll pick another winner. Winner will be chosen with a random number generator.
One stipulation: this post has to reach 1000 notes! Happy blogging, and good luck!!!
Cute girl Batman and Robin photoshoot! From Sofia Couture Designs on Etsy!
You may recognize these from the meme “Mom wanted them to be princesses but the girls wanted to be batman. This is the result.” I wish the meme had included the shop so everyone could buy these for their super-princesses!
Bosozoku Sailor Scouts!
SCREECHING INCOHERENT NOISES
holy shit girl you never fail to impress me! jesus frick
WonderCon was the perfect place to play with my app that turns photos into comics :)